Please bookmark this page to keep abreast of all the things going on at Hudson Catholic while we are practicing distance learning.
General Information and Updates from Hudson Catholic:
- The tuition page has been added to the school website so parents can make payments online using PayPal or Venmo. Tuition must be paid as required and we ask parents to be mindful that we are unable to run any second semester fund raisers due to the pandemic.
- The CollegeBoard is offering online help for AP testing, you can access test prep sessions here: https://apstudents.collegeboard.org/coronavirus-updates
- The deadline to submit financial aid documentation for the 20-21 school year is May 31, 2020, for families who have not filed 2019 taxes by that date, you can submit your 2018 taxes in addition to 2019 W-2s for consideration.
- Please review the latest email from Mr. Garibell with important information regarding re-registration and plans for the end of this school year now that distance learning has been extended and regular school will not resume for 2019-2020.
- Please note the following regarding learning distance expectations for teachers and students:
Helpful resources and links:
- Hudson Catholic COVID-19 page link
- Building Resilience in Children During a Pandemic Tip Sheet (PDF document)
- Tips for Reducing Isolation (PDF document)
Notes related to questions from the Student Services Parent Meetings:
- Students will not be able to complete working paper applications at this time. This process requires students and secretaries meet in person, which cannot be done while the building is closed.
- Administration has reviewed the community service requirements for students for the 2019-2020 school year. Students will not be required to complete community service hours as required in previous years.
- Junior ring orders have been finalized and we anticipate completion of all orders; the ring ceremony will be scheduled if allowed at a later time during the school year. New information: students who were unable to order or make downpayment will be able to do so. We will post a link to place orders online when it is available.
- Additional parent meetings have been scheduled and will be held bi-monthly for two grades at a time. The next 11/12 grade parent meeting will be on Tuesday, 5/12 at 7PM; 9/10 grade parent meeting will be on Tuesday, 5/5 at 7PM. Emails are sent with Zoom information, and reminders will be sent weekly.
- Course selection will begin with the release of the course catalog. Information will be provided directly to the students and Zoom calls will be provided to ensure students have the opportunity to ask questions. New information: We anticipate the release of the course catalog to be on Friday, 5/11, this is a change from the originally provided information.
- Information regarding ACE and Dual enrollment has been sent via email. Please contact your counselor if you have any questions.
Important information regarding Distance Learning at Hudson Catholic:
- In an attempt to accommodate all students, given the varying home situations of our community, students will not be required to follow a traditional bell/class schedule while we are involved in distance learning.
- Students will be expected to check into their Google Classroom, for all classes, and to check their Hudson Catholic email every day.
- Students will be expected to complete and submit all assigned work.
- Students will be expected to attend all virtual classes scheduled by any of their teachers.
- Teachers will be available via email, Google Classroom messaging and/or Google meet during set hours every weekday. The schedule for teacher hours can be found here. Students should use this time to meet with teachers individually or request assistance. Outside of office hours, students and parents/guardians can email teachers directly for questions. Teacher emails can be found here.
- Teachers are expected to post assignments by 8:00am the day before they are due to be submitted by students; assignments will not be posted on the same day they are due.
- All teachers will provide at least 1 (one) live virtual class each week for all classes; notice will be provided to students at least 24 hours in advance and student attendance is mandatory for all virtual classes. The teachers will work together in an attempt to avoid scheduling conflicts for the students. Students who have a conflict should communicate directly with both teachers.
Meeting Notes from Student Services Parent zoom meetings:
- Here are the full notes from the March 25th meeting.
- Here are the full notes from the March 31st 11th and 12th grade meeting.
- Here are the full notes from the April 7 9th and 10th grade meeting.
- Here are the full notes from the April 21 9th and 10th grade meeting.
- Here are the full notes from the April 28 11th and 12th grade meeting.