Social Studies Teacher
Hudson Catholic Regional High is seeking a Certified High School Social Studies Teacher. The position is available immediately.
- Must possess a BA or MA in Education with concentration in Social Studies
- Teaches courses in social studies, history, geography, American government, , political science, or humanities to secondary pupils, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of Education and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in New Jersey State law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school..
- Develops a balanced social studies program involving factual background material, material on current events, discussion time, and other appropriate activities designed to encourage pupils to develop skills and attitudes, draw conclusions, achieve improved interpersonal relationships, and make value judgments based on scientific methods of inquiry.
- Provides individual and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of pupils with varying intellectual abilities, attitudes, and cultural backgrounds.
- Develops knowledge of the purpose, structure, and operation of the American governmental and economic system, and the rights and responsibilities of American citizenship.
- Makes current material from the mass media available to pupils; plans and guides discussions of current problems against background of geographical environment and history of area being studied.
- Develops an understanding of the contributions of racial, religious, and political groups to American culture.
- Develops knowledge of political and economic systems of other nations and their influence on personal freedom, education, and living standards.
- Encourages pupils to become aware of the complexity and inter-relations of local, state, national, and world problems.
- Maintains standards of pupil behavior to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education.
- Selects and requisitions books an instructional aids, and maintains required inventory records; may request resource speakers and field trips.
- Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned work day.
- Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator to develop the method by which he/she will be evaluated in conformance with Archdiocesan guidlines.
- Performs other duties as many, from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Interested parties should submit a Letter of Interest, Resume, Certifications, and Transcripts to:
Richard Garibell, President/Principal
Hudson Catholic Regional High School
790 Bergen Avenue
Jersey City, New Jersey 07306