Hudson Catholic Regional High School is currently seeking highly-motivated and qualified candidates for the following position:
Major Gift Officer (MGO)
Hudson Catholic Regional High School is a college-preparatory regional high school of the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Newark with 500 students in grades 9-12. It is located on McGinley Square in Jersey City, New Jersey. The mission of Hudson Catholic Regional High School, a Lasallian college preparatory school serving a diverse community, is to educate the students entrusted to our care through a comprehensive and demanding curriculum complemented by an integrated program of extracurricular activities emphasizing spiritual, social and physical values, designed to encourage individual development and responsibility to the community.
Reporting directly to the President/Principal and serving as an integral member of the Advancement Office, the Major Gift Officer will increase the school’s capacity for frontline fundraising and serve as an ambassador for Hudson Catholic Regional High School. The person filling the position of Major Gift Officer will be expected to lead in the cultivation and stewardship of relationships on behalf of Hudson Catholic Regional High School with donors and prospects to advance the mission of the school.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
- Serves as a member of the Advancement Office.
- In partnership with the President/Principal, sets metrics and benchmarks conducive to meeting annual financial goals.
- Partners with the President/Principal, the Advancement team, the Consultative Board Development Committee and others as appropriate for donor meetings.
- Provides feedback regarding Advancement programs as appropriate and requested by President/Principal.
- Follows the School’s policies and standard processes, and respects the teachings and practices of the Catholic faith.
- Understands the School’s funding needs and priorities, (Annual Alumni Appeal, alumni engagement, special initiatives) and promotes the diverse demographic of alumni members to garner their continued support for the school.
- Meets quarterly, semi-annual and annual goal agendas as determined by the President/Principal in consultation with the Consultative Board.
- Reports and articulates objective progress as needed at Consultative Board Meetings.
- Manages, plans and implements an innovative Major Gift planned donation program as a component of the Advancement Office business development function.
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards donors capable of making a gift of $10,000 or more to Hudson Catholic Regional High School for the growth and development of the school.
- Develops and composes donor-related communication pieces for the purpose of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Conducts prospect research in order to strengthen the prospect pipeline; regularly reviews and refines portfolio.
- Manages a portfolio of major gift donors and prospects (approximately 100 names to start).
- Develops a tiered system of major gift prospects and facilitates the movement of those prospects through the various stages of giving based on the Moves Management model.
- Reaches out to qualified major gift prospects on a regular basis (one “touch” per month); Expected to average 3-4 prospect and donor visits per week.
- Records all contacts with donors and prospects in Raiser’s Edge and documents contacts, solicitations, and meetings.
- Adheres to fundraising best practices.
- Control fund raising expenses related to Major Gifts solicitation within budget.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Spends a minimum of 50% of the time out of the office meeting with constituents.
- Advocates for the School and serves as an ambassador for the Mission of Hudson Catholic Regional High School.
- Attends Hudson Catholic Regional High School events as appropriate; travels as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in managing, planning and implementing major gift programs, or the equivalent business development experience.
- Experience in managing major gift staff and/or business development staff, and a team-centered approach with staff, volunteers and the larger school community.
- Demonstrated success in managing a defined portfolio of major gift and/or sale prospects to closure.
- Experience working directly with volunteer groups in a leadership role.
- Business planning and execution experience.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and be well versed at negotiating and closing important gifts and/or sales.
- Must be an articulate spokesperson, able to speak convincingly, knowledgeably and passionately about Hudson Catholic Regional High School both publicly and privately, demonstrating a persuasive, appealing and sincere personality.
- Must have motivational skills and the ability to lead while interacting effectively with multiple constituencies.
- Must have a clear understanding and appreciation of the mission, values and traditions of Catholic education.
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed.
- The Major Gift Officer position is a full-time position, Monday through Friday for 12 months of the year.
Richard Garibell, President/Principal
Tele: 201.332.5970 extension 113
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and 3 references to:
Mr. Richard Garibell, President/Principal
email@example.com or fax to (201) 332-6373.
November 21, 2018 DEADLINE for submission